CAT: Common Admission Test 2018
CAT is the only entrance exam for admission in MBA and PGDM programs in Institute of Management (eg. IIMs) in India. More than 136 Management Institutes and 20 IIMs accepts CAT score for admission. Open to all graduates having more than 50% in graduation.
CAT 2018 will be conducted in December. Candidates need to apply for all the IIMs separately. Admission into IIMs is based upon CAT Score Card, 10th Marks, 12th Marks and a Group Discussion and Personal Interview round conducted at respective IIMs. Last year, 2,32,434 MBA aspirants filled in and submitted the CAT application form. Out of the total applicants, 67% were males while 33% were females. A total of 938 candidates applied under Person with Disability category. The date for the release of the application form is yet to be announced, however, candidates can expect from the first week of August 2018.
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION ABOUT THE CAT 2018
- NAME OF THE EXAMINATION – Common Admission Test (CAT)
- EXAM TYPE – National Level Conducting By – One of the Indian Institutes of Management (on rotational basis)
- EXAM MODE – Computer-based
- TYPES OF QUESTIONS – MCQs and non-MCQs
- APPLICATION PROCESS START – August 2017
- PARTICIPATING INSTITUTION – 20 IIMs and 100 plus B-Schools.
- DURATION OF EXAM — 180 minutes
- NO. OF QUESTIONS –100 Objective type questions.
- SYLLABUS — logical reasoning & data interpretation, verbal ability & Reading Comprehension and Quantitative ability.
- MARKING SCHEME — 3 marks for every correct answer.
- NEGATIVE MARKING — 1mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- TIME LIMIT — Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR CAT 2018
||1st week of August 2017
|Last Date to Apply
||Last week of September 2017
|Release of Admit card
||3rd week of October 2017
||1st week of December 2017
||First week of January 2018
The notification for CAT 2018 is expected to be announced in the last week of July or the first week of August 2017. Along with the notification, the list of CAT registration dates will also be announced. Candidates are given 1 month period to apply for CAT exam. Here is the tentative schedule for CAT 2018 application form availability, exam dates and announcement of results.
CAT EXAM PATTERN 2018
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
STEPS FOR THE REGISTRATION PROCESS OF APPLICATION FORM OF CAT 2018
- Click on the appropriate link or window provided in the article to start with the registration process.
- Enter the required details such as the candidate’s name, date of birth, email ID, mobile number and then submit the form.
- On successful registration, a unique User ID and Password will be sent to the candidate’s registered email address mobile number.
- Use the ID and Password to log in and access the application form.
- The CAT 2018 application form will be divided into 5 different parts, which are personal, academics, work experience, programmes and payment.
- Upload the required documents or enclosures to the application form. These documents must meet the required specifications.
- Now, fill in 4 test cities according to their order of preference. Based on the availability of the venues, the conducting body will assign the cities to the candidates.
- Once the candidates have filled in all the details, the candidates are required to agree with the declaration terms.
- Agreeing with the declaration will direct to the payment page.
- Candidates are required to pay the application fee using the provided payment gateways.
- On successful payment, a confirmation message will be displayed on the screen.
- After the successful submission of the application form, the candidates can log in to their respective accounts and view their application summary.
- Download the submitted application form and keep a copy of it for future reference.
- After submitted the application form of CAT 2018, a confirmation message will be sent to the candidate’s registered email ID.
- The email will contain additional details such as an admit card download window.
- The minimum qualification required is bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PWD). If the obtained marks are in the form of CGPA then it would be converted to percentage marks based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where the candidate has passed his/her bachelor degree.
- The candidates appearing in the final year of bachelor’s degree and whose results are awaiting are also eligible to apply for CAT 2018.
APPLICATION FEES FOR CAT 2018
The CAT application fee is non-refundable and can be paid via online mode. To pay the fee, the candidates can opt for Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card. After successful transaction, a Payment Successful message will be displayed on the screen along with the Payment Transaction Number.
- Unreserved (General)-Rs.1700
- Reserved (SC, ST, PwD)-Rs.850
Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for CAT 2018 exam. If the candidates are from Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh, they must have the permanent intention of settling in India to allow giving the examination.
There is no age limit for CAT exam.
The candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognised University in India.General category candidates must have at least 50% marks in graduation or equivalent CGPA.The candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PWD) categories must have at least 45% marks or equivalent CGPA.
As per the policy of Indian government, the seat reservation will be applicable for CAT.
- Schedule Caste (SC) – 15% seats
- Schedule Tribe (ST) – 7.5% seats
- Other Backwards Classes (NC-OBC) – 27% seats
- PWD Differently Abled (DA) candidates – 3% seats
The candidates claiming reservation have to upload their supporting certificates at the time of application/registration.
EXAMINATION CENTRE FOR CAT 2018
Last year, CAT exam was conducted in 136 cities across India. Now this year CAT 2017 is likely to be held in over 140 cities in India. At the time of application process, the candidates can choose up to 4 exam centres. Based on their choices, the exam centres are allotted to the candidates.
CAT 2018 SYLLABUS
Syllabus for CAT 2018 is divided into four sections:
- Quantitative Ability.
- Data Interpretation.
- Verbal Ability.
- Logical Reasoning.
Candidates have to master these topics in order to score well in the exam. It is a computer based test which contains multiple choice questions (MCQ). Some of the questions will be of subjective types.
CAT EXAM SLOTS
CAT is a computer based test of three hours duration. It is conducted in two sessions –
- Morning (9 am to 12 pm)
- Afternoon (2pm to 5pm).
The exam is divided into three sections – Most of the questions asked in the CAT exam are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). However, all the three sections also have a few Non-Multiple Choice Questions (Non-MCQs).
CAT ADMIT CARD
The candidates must download and print the admit card. To download the hall ticket, the candidates need to enter their Registration ID and password. It must be noted that the hard copy of the admit card is not sent to the students. Only the candidates who successfully submit their application form and pay the requisite examination fee will be issued the admit card. CAT Admit card is an important document that every candidate must carry to the examination centre. Without a valid admit card, the candidates cannot appear for CAT 2018 exam.
CAT 2018 RESULT
CAT RESULT 2018
The result of CAT 2018 exam will declare online by the exam conducting authority in the month of January 2018. The candidates will be able to download the CAT scorecard by entering their CAT ID and password. It is very important for the candidates to download and print the scorecard. Because the hard copy of the CAT 2018 scorecard will not be sent to the candidates. It will be required throughout the admission process.
CAT PREPARATION TIPS
- You can plan your study hours as per the syllabus.
- Go through the latest syllabus and exam pattern before start preparation.
- Refer the right study material and books that also contain the previous year’s solved question papers.
- Allow some of your time for rest also and don’t avoid revision.
CAT 2017 CutOff Marks
As per the latest notification about CAT 2017, the Cutoff Marks criteria that are set by the IIM’s will be listed below. As each IIM has released its own Cutoff marks list for admissions. As we are listed IIM’s Cutoff Marks for CAT 2017
OTHER APPLICATION FORMS FOR MBA
- GD Goenka University – MBA Admissions
- Galgotias University – MBA Admissions
- IFIM College UG Courses (BBA/B.Com) Admissions
- Manav Rachna International University – MBA Admissions
- GITAM University(BSMS) – MBA Admissions
- REVA University for MBA Admissions
- PGDM Program at SRMS International Business School
- ITM University, Navi Mumbai MBA Admission
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University MBA Admission
- Adamas University, Kolkata MBA Admission
- Presidency College, Bangalore MBA Admission
- S.A. Engineering College MBA Admission
- Hyderabad Business School MBA Admission
If you have any query or thought over CAT MBA Exam, you can comment it down in the comments section and stay tuned with us for Latest CAT 2018 Exam Updates.